All customers requesting new water service must apply in person at the Arab Water Works office.
If the service location has a meter in place, prior to the service being turned on the customer must:
- Complete an application for service
- Pay a non-refundable service fee
- Pay any outstanding balance due to Arab Water Works
A non-refundable service fee is required for each service connection.
The amount of the service fee will be determined according to the following schedule.
|Non-Refundable Service Fees|
|Meters less than 2″||$60|
|Anything above a 2″ Meter||$600|
|Restaurants/Car Washes/Trailer Parks/Hotels & Motels||$150|
|Meters greater than 2″||10% of each monthly bill for 20 months|
If the service location does not already have a meter in place, in addition to the above requirements, the customer must pay a tie-on fee.
The amount of the tie-on fee will be determined according to the following schedule.
- 3/4″ meter $650.00
- 1″ meter $1,000.00
- 2″ Meter $1,675.00
- Above 2″ meter total cost of meter and material plus the current hourly rate for backhoe service and labor.
- The customer must furnish a backflow preventer on any meter larger than 1″